Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced 128 culinary-focused shore excursions in the Mediterranean.
Shore excursions include visits to France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Turkey, where guests will be able to indulge in the finest regional delicacies and authentic cuisine, the company said in a press release.
“We are delighted to enrich and enhance our array of shore excursion offerings, presenting our guests with even more opportunities to indulge in their passion for travel and culinary delights, all while cruising the Mediterranean aboard The World’s Most Luxurious Fleet,” said Andrea DeMarco, president of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “With its rich history and diverse culture that have undeniably shaped its delectable cuisine, the Mediterranean serves as the perfect backdrop for these tantalizing culinary adventures.”
On each of these culinary experiences, guests will be accompanied by knowledgeable local guides to lead them through wine tastings, cooking classes and gourmet meals.
Highlights of the new culinary excursions include:
- Minoan Gastronomy Through History in Heraklion (Crete), Greece – featuring ancient Minoan diet with dishes made from seafood, goat, wild deer, lentils, fruits, and nuts, accompanied by wine;
- Cooking Class with Local Chef in Pergamum (Dikili), Turkey – featuring cooking classes to learn traditional Turkish cuisine at a Bergama restaurant;
- Farm to Table Amalfi-Style in Amalfi/Positano, Italy – including a tour of a family-owned organic farm in Scala and learning about organic farming methods;
- Porto’s Port Wine Cellars in Porto, Portugal – featuring a dining experience complemented by port wine and learning about the production of port wine;
- Ultimate Provence Specialties in Toulon, France – a gastronomical journey in the Provence countryside;
- Menorcan-Style Lobster in Mahon (Menorca), Spain – enjoying Menorca’s signature dish, lobster stew, at Sa Llagosta restaurant in Fornells.