Ponant has announced its 2024 small ship expeditions in collaboration with Smithsonian Journeys, according to a press release.
There will be a total of 24 co-branded sailings featuring experts and experiences surrounded around local cultures which allow travelers to explore the history, cuisine, wildlife and more.
Itineraries exploring Alaska, New Zealand’s Fiordland and the Mediterranean, allow guests to engage with Smithsonian Journeys experts, including archaeologists, scientists, anthropologists and historians.
The 2024 season will also include plenty of half-day and full-day shore excursions and onshore activities, from visiting the new Grand Egyptian Museum to pizza making in Sorrento and wine tasting on the slopes of Mt. Etna.
The two brands are also bringing back favorite voyages from 2023 including a seven-night voyage from Panama to Costa Rica, with a visit to the Punta Culebra Nature Center of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (February 10-17, 2024).
Other popular voyages brought back this year include a seven-night journey to the Scottish Isles and Norwegian Fjords (June 8-15 and June 15-22, 2024) and a week-long sailing around the Greek Islands in the Southern Aegean (October 3-10, 2024).
Highlights of the 2024 sailings include:
- New Zealand’s South Island by Sea: A Voyage to the Fiordland, Le Lapérouse: Departs on February 15, 2024
- Ancient Civilizations by Sea: Israel, Egypt, Cyprus, Greece and Turkey, Le Champlain: Departs on April 2, 2024
- Mediterranean Island Voyage: Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, and Elba, Le Bougainville: Departs on on May 15, 2024
- Cultural and Natural Treasures of Japan by Sea, Le Soléal: on May 21, 2024
- Cruising Alaska’s Inside Passage, Le Soléal: Departs on July 5 and July 20, 2024
- Ancient Wonders and Culinary Delights: Cruising Southern Italy and Sicily, Le Bougainville: on September 8, 2024