Norwegian Cruise Line announced a new Meet the Winemaker series, the program that features winemakers and culinary experts sharing their expertise with a group of guests onboard the cruise line’s ships, according to a press release.
“Our Meet the Winemaker series is back and better than ever,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line.
“Every year we aim to elevate this exclusive experience and I believe we’ve done just that as we enter the program’s seventh year with an impressive guest lineup. These unique sailings offer a rare opportunity to get one-on-one exposure to esteemed winemakers and their collection of wines, all while visiting multiple destinations and enjoying an unforgettable vacation aboard our innovative fleet.”
The Meet the Winemaker series gives wine enthusiasts and foodies a chance to engage with winemakers and other connoisseurs through seminars and activities. The program includes wine tastings, wine-paired dinners, interactive culinary demonstrations and meet-and-greets onboard the ships. Guests can also buy wines that are otherwise only available by visiting the wineries.
This year’s series includes special guest Emma Walker, who is a Master Blender at Johnnie Walker and leads the Johnnie Walker Whisky Specialist team based in Menstrie, Scotland. She will join guests onboard the Norwegian Prima on the September 17, 2023, sailing in Northern Europe for the company’s first-ever Johnnie Walker cruise.
Additionally, Chef Ashley Breneman, executive chef at Certified Angus Beef, will join returning winemaker Antonio Hidalgo onboard the Norwegian Encore for the July 9, 2023, sailing to Alaska.
Miguel Torres, a pioneer of planting Cabernet Sauvignon in Spain, will make his debut onboard the Norwegian Encore’s during its April 9, 2023 Eastern Caribbean voyage.
Hosts include celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez, Salvatore Ferragamo, Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate and “The Drinks Business” Master Winemaker of the Year 2023 recipient Gérard Bertrand, among other famous names.
2023 Meet the Winemaker series lineup includes:
- April 2, 2023 – The Norwegian Bliss, Mexican Riviera with celebrity chef and TV personality Aaron Sanchez
- April 9, 2023 – The Norwegian Encore, Eastern Caribbean with winemaker Miguel Torres
- April 22, 202 – The Norwegian Bliss, Alaska with winemaker Salvatore Ferragamo of The Il Borro estate in Tuscany, Italy, producing world-class wines
- June 10, 2023 – The Norwegian Bliss, Alaska with Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite Wine Dinner Hosted by Special Guest: Diane Flamand
- July 9, 2023 – The Norwegian Encore, Alaska with Antonio Hidalgo of the Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana, and Chef Ashley Breneman
- Sept. 17, 2023 – The Norwegian Prima, Northern Europe with Master Blender, Emma Walker of Johnnie Walker
- Oct. 22, 2023 – The Norwegian Escape, Bermuda with Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate
- Oct. 28, 2023 – The Norwegian Joy, Western Caribbean with Gérard Bertrand, “The Drinks Business” Master Winemaker of the Year 2023 recipient
- Oct. 29, 2023 – The Norwegian Escape, Bermuda with Randy Ullom from the Kendall-Jackson family