In two weeks, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ the Borealis will embark on its Around the World in 80 Days voyage, inspired by the journey of Phileas Fogg from the Jules Verne novel of the same name.
The ship will depart from Liverpool on February 21, 2023, but guests can opt to join at the port of Southampton on February 23.
The first stop will be Lisbon, Portugal where the Borealis is expected to arrive on February 26.
The itinerary includes calls in Brindisi, Italy; Port Said, Egypt; Suez Canal; Safaga, Egypt; Mumbai, Mormugao and Cochin, India; Singapore; Nha Trang, Vietnam; Hong Kong, China; Fukuoka, Kobe/Osaka, Nagoya and Yokohama, Japan; Honolulu (Oahu), Lahaina(Maui) and Hilo, Hawaii; San Francisco and San Diego, California; Acapulco, Mexico; Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica; Panama Canal; Cartagena and Santa Marta, Colombia; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Ponta Delgada, Azores.
The world journey will end in Southampton on May 13, 2023.
The management team onboard the Borealis will include:
- Captain – Victor Stoica, joined Fred. Olsen in 2001
- Captain – Rommel Pineda, joined Fred. Olsen in 1996
- Entertainment Manager – Sammie Firbanks, joined Fred. Olsen in 2014
- Hotel Manager – Iain Gibson, joined Fred. Olsen in 2022
- Hotel Manager – Hermann Stingeder, joined Fred. Olsen in 2017
- Executive Chef – David Buchanan, joined Fred. Olsen in 2020
In March, the Borealis is set to depart on yet another long journey – a 53-night Singapore to Southampton itinerary departing from Singapore on March 21. The ship will explore many of the destinations included in the Around the World in 80 Days itinerary including Vietnam, Japan, China, Hawaii, Colombia and British Virgin Islands.