Quark Expedition revealed details for its Arctic 2024 season at a presentation held online on January 12, 2023.
Tamara Olton, business development manager for Quark Expeditions, talked about the new destinations, itineraries and new adventure options on these polar expeditions, as well as the Ultramarine, the company’s newest ship.
Speaking of the polar areas Quark Expeditions 2024 season will include, Olton said: “There are three main ones (areas) that Quark Expeditions showcases. These include Svalbard, Greenland and the Canadian Arctic.”
“While all three destinations share similar elements, they are all unique in their offerings,” added Olton.
Highlighted itineraries for the Arctic 2024 season include:
- Seven-day Spitsbergen Highlights;
- 14-day Spitsbergen In Depth;
- 14-day Arctic Saga – starts in Aberdeen, Scotland and heads to Longyearbyen;
- 15-day Three Arctic Islands (Iceland, Greenland and Spitsbergen); starts in Helsinki and ends in Reykjavik;
- 18-day Four Arctic Islands voyage (Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland).
- 12-day Gems of West Greenland – brand new trip with flights to and from Reykjavik;
- 15-day Essential Greenland – starts in Reykjavik and moves to Southern Greenland;
- 14-day Under the Northern Lights departure; departure dates September 20 – Oct 30, 2024.
- 12-day Canada’s Remote Arctic – Northwest Passage to Ellesmere and Axel Heiberg Islands;
- 17-day Northwest Passage with visits to Inuit and Greenlandic communities
Hiking is included on every itinerary as well as Zodiac rides, camping, kayaking and snowshoeing as optional adventures. Expeditions also feature locally coordinated community visits.
Guests aboard the smallest ship in the fleet, the Ocean Adventurer, can look forward to an outdoor jacuzzi, updated suites, and lectures and happy hour in the Main Lounge & Lecture Hall.
Olton also said that the Tundra to Table service will be returning in 2024, allowing guests to enjoy traditional culinary delicacies and learn about the culture.