Holland America Line’s 2024 Canada and New England season is set to feature 29 sailings that range from weeklong getaways to longer, more in-depth journeys, according to a company statement.
The close-to-home cruises that depart or end in Boston, Massachusetts and explore North America’s Atlantic Coast.
One extended roundtrip-Boston itinerary even stretches up to the dramatic landscapes of Iceland and Greenland.
“A Canada and New England cruise has it all for travelers looking to stay closer to home but experience a taste of Europe, beautiful scenery, amazing food, natural beauty and incredible history,” said Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line’s chief commercial officer. “Our expanded season allows travelers to explore the region from spring through autumn, including the popular fall foliage, and by offering longer cruises we can extend up to Greenland and Iceland for a truly unique vacation.”
Highlights of the 2024 Season:
- A 24-day cruise departing July 27 on the Volendam sails roundtrip from Boston and circumnavigates Iceland, enhancing Holland America Line’s homeport initiative that allows guests to see the world from their doorstep, with just a short flight or drive to the port.
- The Volendam will cruise between Boston and Montréal, Québec, Canada in both the summer and fall on a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries with convenient weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, Maine, and the Canadian destinations of Québec City, Québec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Sydney and Halifax, Nova Scotia. (The Sept. 28 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland, Maine.
- The Zuiderdam will sail seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries between Boston and Québec City, with weekend departures and overnight calls at Quebec City at the beginning or end of the cruise. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. (The Sept. 21 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland and doesn’t include a Quebec overnight.)
- One seven-day “Historic Coasts” cruise roundtrip from Boston aboard the Volendam departs July 20 and calls at Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada; and Halifax and Sydney.
- The Volendam offers longer “Newfoundland & New England Discovery” cruises that sail between Boston and Montreal.
- Both Volendam and Zuiderdam will cruise the region in the fall so more guests can view the impressive display of the changing foliage. Itineraries feature scenic cruising through the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord.