In celebration of Chocolate Cake Day on Friday, January 27, Carnival Cruise Line is inviting guests to celebrate with them by creating Carnival’s signature melting chocolate cake.
Carnival’s holiday chocolate cake is created by chef Russel Gomes from aboard Carnival Cruise Line’s Mardi Gras ship and is easy enough to make at home. The cake takes only half an hour to put together from start to finish.
Carnival has also shared the recipe for the melting chocolate cake:
- 170g Dark Chocolate
- 170g Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 85g Sugar
- 55g Flour
How to make it:
- Melt the chocolate and butter
- Mix eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes, then add flour
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mixture into a greased mould
- Bake directly in the oven at 198°C for 14 minutes
- Serve with vanilla ice cream