P&O Cruises announced that it will host stars from the world of sport and exploration on 2023 itineraries.
The P&O Cruises Presents: Sail with the Stars show will showcase popular UK stars from the world of sport and exploration aboard the Ventura in 2023, which will be included in the price of the cruise, the company said in a statement.
Sports fans will have the opportunity to enjoy stories, games and entertainment on the Sporting Icons seven-day cruise to Spain and Portugal. The events will be broadcasted by Sue Barker, Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell.
Adventure and wilderness lovers can take advantage of the five-night Global Explorers cruise with adventurer and TV presenter Ben Fogle, travel journalist Simon Calder and Monty Halls, known for his BBC Great Escape series.
Both cruises will depart from Southampton, England. The prices start from £549pp for an inside cabin.
Featured sports stars:
- Sue Barker, a British tennis star. Barker won Junior Wimbledon at the age of 17 and the French Open at the age of just 19 in 1976.
- Phil Tufnell, a former England international cricketer turned TV and radio personality.
- Matt Dawson, a professional rugby player who made a total of 290 appearances for the Northampton Saints and London Wasps between 1991 and 2006.
Featured global explorers:
- Ben Fogle, an award-winning broadcaster and adventurer who is the United Nations Patron of the Wilderness and author of nine books. Ben has climbed Mount Everest, rowed across the Atlantic, raced across Antarctica to the South Pole and crossed the deserts of the Empty Quarter in the Middle East.
- Simon Calder, Britain’s leading travel commentator and a travel correspondent for The Independent. He also writes for the Evening Standard, National Geographic as well many other publications.
- Monty Halls, a broadcaster, speaker, naturalist, marine biologist, travel writer and leadership specialist. He is an ex-Royal Marines officer who is now also the president of the Galapagos Conservation Trust.