SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream I & II, recently rated as two of the top five vessels in the world by Berlitz Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships, has introduced its 2012 winter and spring itineraries. The two ultra-deluxe, mega yachts will spend the late fall season of 2011 and early 2012 sailing the Caribbean with an emphasis on visiting the smaller yachting playgrounds and harbors that large ships cannot reach. In addition, SeaDream II will be adding two, twenty day voyages to the Amazon in February 2012.
SeaDream’s President, Bob Lepisto said, “The British Virgin Islands, such as Norman Island, Jost van Dyke and Virgin Gorda are true yachting destinations and continue to be a SeaDream favorite. However, we are excited to be adding the Amazon to our itinerary.”
“Whether travelers are looking for adventure and exploration in the Amazon or simply seeking a pampering, tropical Caribbean holiday, SeaDream’s intimate size and award-winning service are unmatched at sea. Lepisto added, In fact, it’s our size and maneuverability that allows our yachts to reach unique spots like Anavilhanas, Brazil and Iquitos, Peru.”
2012 Winter Caribbean Highlights
• SeaDream II will operate two voyages roundtrip from Barbados exploring the glorious, lush Grenadines, St. Lucia and Grenada.
• SeaDream I will operate a roundtrip voyage from Marigot, St. Martin with an emphasis on the unspoiled French West Indies.
• SeaDream I & II will call on St. Barts with overnight stays, allowing for guests to go ashore and enjoy the island nightlife.
• SeaDream I & II will call on the unique and less visited islands of Saba and Culebrita, offering a rare opportunity for guests to swim in a Bioluminescent Bay.
2012 Amazon Adventure Highlights
• In February 2012, SeaDream II will sail the Amazon on two 20-day voyages from Barbados to Iquitos, Peru roundtrip.
• A naturalist will be aboard both Amazon voyages providing in depth information about the great river wilderness.
• Excursions will feature Amazonian tribes, museums, markets and the jungle’s exotic plants and animals.
• Itineraries showcase the best of the Amazon including Cuxiu Muni, Brazil where guests have the option to take a night canoe trip in search of crocodiles, snakes and other night creatures.
• In Alter do Chao, Brazil SeaDream hosts their Champagne and Caviar Splash™ on one of Brazil’s best beaches and guests may take a riverboat cruise on Maicá Lake to see rare pink dolphins.
• In Manaus, Brazil guests go “Flightseeing” in single or twin-engine aircraft, soaring over the Rio Negro, Rio Solimões, the Wedding of the Rivers, the Amazon River and the magnificent expanse of jungle.
• Visiting a small village located on Tupinambarana Island, guests enjoy a “Boi-Bumba” celebration. This exotic ritual of magic, mystery, passion and faith is a feast for the eyes and ears.