The color blue has long symbolized serenity, sky, ocean and tranquility, and this winter, Celebrity Cruises is offering cruisers a wide variety of ways to escape the demands of everyday life and immerse themselves in blue – the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, that is. With eight ships representing over 80 percent of its fleetwide capacity – including its three newest ships – sailing the Caribbean this winter, Celebrity has created the “Cruise the Caribbean Sweepstakes” to give guests yet another potential opportunity to experience the ever-popular destination on its award-winning Solstice-class ships.
“Year after year, the Caribbean continues to be one of the most desirable destinations for discerning cruisers,” said Lisa Z. Kauffman, Vice President, Marketing. “Guests and travel agents have long applauded our suite butler service, the amenities of our ConciergeClass veranda staterooms, and now the AquaClass accommodations offered on our Solstice-class ships. Our ‘Designed for you’ brand platform is really exemplified in the Caribbean, with a wide variety of itineraries where guests can enjoy world-class dining, extraordinary service and stunning onboard spaces on all of our ship classes. Our Cruise the Caribbean Sweepstakes not only showcases our Caribbean product, but it also will provide some lucky cruisers with the opportunity to experience our award-winning Solstice Class.”
Celebrity’s Cruise the Caribbean Sweepstakes will highlight the brand’s award-winning Solstice-class ships’ presence in one of the world’s most popular cruise destinations.
When the first Solstice-class ship, Celebrity Solstice, set sail in 2008, she introduced a new level of style and design previously unseen in the cruise industry. From more spacious staterooms and five specialty dining venues to the first “Lawn Club” and “Hot Glass Show” at sea, Celebrity Solstice was designed with discerning cruisers’ interests in mind, as was sister ship Celebrity Equinox, which launched in 2009 and will offer 10- and 11-night Caribbean sailings this winter.
Celebrity Eclipse offers the same compelling features as Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, and is the industry’s first ship to offer the “Celebrity iLounge,” complete with a retail area offering the latest products through Celebrity’s Authorized Apple Reseller status, and the first to present “Qsine,” a “uniquely unordinary,” interactive dining venue complete with food and wine menus on iPads. Later this month, Celebrity Solstice will introduce a Celebrity iLounge, which will complement its line-up of highly stylized guest venues.
Celebrity’s Solstice Class has expanded Celebrity’s overall Caribbean line-up to include even more opportunities for guests to experience stylish accommodations, outstanding cuisine and exceptional service.
The sweepstakes will offer one grand prize of Royal Suite accommodations featuring Celebrity’s renowned European butler service for two people, five first prizes of an AquaClass stateroom for two, and 10 second prizes of a ConciergeClass stateroom for two, all on a seven-night Caribbean voyage roundtrip out of Fort Lauderdale on the award-winning Celebrity Solstice, or from Miami on Celebrity Eclipse, which took her maiden voyage in Southampton, England on April 26. Additionally, 20 Apple iPod Touch devices will be awarded as third prizes.
Overall, Celebrity’s overall Caribbean lineup for 2010-11 offers many options for cruisers seeking a stylish escape:
• Celebrity Century will present four- and five-night cruises roundtrip from Miami;
• Celebrity Constellation will present 14-night Exotic Southern Caribbean cruises roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale;
• Celebrity Eclipse will present alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises roundtrip from Miami;
• Celebrity Equinox will present 10- and 11-night Ultimate Caribbean cruises roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale;
• Celebrity Mercury will present a second season of nine-night Bahamas and 12-night Eastern Caribbean sailings from Baltimore from October 2010 through February 2011, followed by 10- and 11-night Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises departing from Charleston from March through April 2011;
• Celebrity Millennium will reprise her series of 10- and 11-night Southern Caribbean cruises departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico;
• Celebrity Solstice will round out her 2010 year-round Caribbean presence by continuing to offer seven-night cruises roundtrip out of Fort Lauderdale;
• Celebrity Summit will continue to offer seven-night Southern Caribbean cruises departing roundtrip from San Juan.
Earlier this month, Celebrity launched a Caribbean booking promotion that features promotional rates and upgrade opportunities on select sailings. Between now and the end of May, cruisers can take advantage of extraordinary values, including free Solstice-class veranda upgrades, inside staterooms starting from $599 per person, and third- and fourth-berth rates from $349 per person, on select cruises sailing between May 2010 and April 2011. Additional information on the booking promotion is available at Celebrity’s travel agent portal, www.cruisingpower.com, and Celebrity’s consumer website, www.celebritycruises.com.