Luxury – and adventure – specialist Crystal Cruises is introducing an unprecedented number of Crystal Adventures shore excursions for its 2009 World Cruise. Sailing roundtrip from Los Angeles January 21, 2009, the 106-day expedition boasts more than 300 tours in all, including 125 brand new, which are designed to sate guests’ appetites for vigorous activity, as well as peak their intellectual and cultural curiosities. The tours take guests by horseback along New Zealand’s coast, by foot through the Takitumu Rainforest, by helicopter over the filming locations of Lord of the Rings, even through the Alaskan forests and glaciers by go-kart, to ensure the most exhilarating experiences possible.
“The World Cruise excursions are specifically designed to enable travelers to explore, taste and feel each destination,” says John Stoll, Crystal’s director of land programs. “World Cruise guests no longer fit the stereotype of just sitting on the deck with a book and a blanket. Crystal guests are seeking worldwide adventures with six-star luxury.”
Along with the tours, expanded onboard enrichment programming serves to offer Crystal World Cruise guests more – more celebrity guest lecturers and performers, more keyboard classes through Yamaha and language classes through Berlitz and more experiences and events unique to World Cruise itineraries.
The thrilling roster of Crystal Adventures allows guests to:
Over the Top Aerials
* *NEW* Dunedin, New Zealand – Explore the filming locations of Lord of the Rings by helicopter, as well as the breathtaking New Zealand landscapes and the Misty Mountains.
* *NEW* Petropavlovsk, Russia – Helicopter over dormant and active volcanoes and jagged ice crests in the Kamchatka Peninsula.
* Ketchikan, Alaska – Fly over the awe-inspiring fjords, lakes, 1,000-foot waterfalls and granite cliffs of the Misty Fjords National Monument.
* *NEW* Noumea, New Caldonia – Swing through the Koghi Mountain rainforests on webbed ropes, pulleys and zip lines.
* *NEW* Sihanoukville, Cambodia – Discover the nearly 37,000 acres of land and 15,000 acres of marine habitat during a day-long trek through Siem Reap National Park.
* Ha Long Bay, Vietnam – Kayak through the striking Thien Cung and Dau Go caves, and explore the secluded grottoes and natural limestone structures lining the waters of Ha Long Bay.
* *NEW* Waitangi, New Zealand – Swim with the dolphins – and perhaps penguins and orcas, too.
* *NEW* Petropavlovsk, Russia – Visit Kamchatka Peninsula, where the Siberian K9 Kennel breed, train and house the famed sled dogs used as the primary transportation in the area.
* *NEW* Bali, Indonesia – Ride an elephant at the Bali Elephant Safari Park, then venture into the Bali Bird Sanctuary.
* *NEW* Komodo Island, Indonesia – Explore Komodo National Park, the habitat of the dragons of the same name, and likely spot a few as they hunt for food and greet visitors.
* Perth, Australia – Get up close and personal with koalas, kangaroos, wombats, camels and emus in their natural habitat at Caversham Wildlife Park and Zoo.
* *NEW* Suva, Fiji – Discover the culinary techniques and flavors of the spice islands of the South Seas.
* *NEW* Adelaide, Australia – Visit Southern Australia’s Barossa Valley for exclusive wine tasting at Jacob’s Creek, Peter Lehmann Winery and Yaldara Estate.
* *NEW* San Francisco, CA – Savor the wines and cuisine of California’s renowned Napa Valley.
* Hong Kong – Discover why Hong Kong is known as the culinary capital of Asia with a visit to a local market and demonstrations and samplings of the region’s authentic dishes.
Crystal’s full “Pacific Circle Celebration” World Cruise spans the globe, visiting 45 ports in 22 countries throughout the South Pacific, Asia, Africa and Europe, and is available in eight distinctive segments from 11 to 17 days. Fares for the full World Cruise begin at $54,135 per person, double occupancy. Crystal Adventures shore excursions are priced from $39 to $6,999 per person.